NØHR QRM Forum Index NØHR QRM
Ham Radio Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Forbidden

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NØHR QRM Forum Index -> HamLinks Ham Radio Toolbar
View previous topic :: View next topic  
n4zq
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Forbidden Reply with quote

Mozilla Firefox just did a automatic software update and now I get a 'Forbidden' message next to the WWV graph on the top menu bar...

Anyone else seeing this ???

Keith N4ZQ
________
Ad Engine

Last edited by n4zq on Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
n0hr
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Forbidden message Reply with quote

Keith

The way the toolbar works is that it runs a script on my website to fetch the current propagation index data. This week the March issue of CQ magazine arrived and listed my website as the "Website of the month". Unfortunately, this led to many hits and CPU loading - resulting in my ISP disabling the script. I'm working on a solution to this right now.

Sorry for the problem.

Pat
n4zq
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: Forbidden Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply. Any chance you could include the Sun Spot Number in that WWV info ?
________
BUY SILVER SURFER VAPORIZER

n0hr
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: HamLinks toolbar showing radio propagation index data Reply with quote

OK - I think the problem with showing the index data has been resolved. I had to rewrite that section of the system, but I think it's working again.

No sunspot number data yet. My site reads this file:
http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/ftpdir/latest/wwv.txt

parses it, and then the HamLinks Ham Radio Toolbar displays the radio propagation data. Unfortunately, the sunspot number is not in that file. So, I have to pull it from somewhere else.

http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/ftpdir/latest/DSD.txt

It will be a bit more work to get this in, but I should be able to tackle it soon.

Pat NØHR
n4zq
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Forbidden Reply with quote

Looks GREAT to me Pat. I didn't realize putting the SSN into the WWV data would be a large job. I was thinking you could have just pulled all the data from N0HR Propfire, which includes the sun spot number, and paste it on the menu toolbar. But as you already know, there is a issue trying to run Propfire and Hamlinks Toolbar together with Hamlinks Toolbar trying to load an extra large image. So I can't run Propfire like I would like to. But with the SSN now included in the WWV data I don't need to.

Thanks for all your hard work. I and I'm sure others, appreciate it very much..

GL Keith N4ZQ and I'm a 20WPM Extra, not a Novice that is displayed on the reply messages on the left hand side of the screen. Wink)
________
MOTOR COMPANY CINCINNATI PLANT

n0hr
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Toolbar includes Sunspot Number Reply with quote

No problem Keith.

Glad to hear you like it.

Pat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NØHR QRM Forum Index -> HamLinks Ham Radio Toolbar All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: