NØHR QRM Forum Index NØHR QRM
Ham Radio Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

problem with easylog adif file import

View previous topic :: View next topic  
I8LWL
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: problem with easylog adif file import Reply with quote

Hi,
i have problem with the import of a easylog 5 adif file.
I have seen the difference between an easy file and a file created with the mobilelog.
In easy file i have first date,time and then call
in mobile i have first call,time an last time.

When i import the easylog file i have an error
call,date and time is required.
73 de i8lwl
n0hr
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: EasyLog and QSO imports Reply with quote

Hi

Could you either email or post a few lines of the ADIF from EasyLog?

If you want to post it, just open it in Notepad and copy/paste 5 to 10 QSOs here.

Then I can look into the issue. It might be the case that EasyLog does not follow the strict ADIF format.

Pat
AC0HD
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:40 am    Post subject: adif import error Reply with quote

Pat,

I have the same exact issue when trying to import adif files from my eQsl account. I e-mailed you tonight.

I will e-mail you a copy of the file in both adi and txt format to see if you can determine a fix.

Les
n0hr
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: ADIF import to MobileLog (date format) Reply with quote

Hi Les

I think the issue might be that eQSL.cc exports an extra tag that most logging apps do not use. Here is an example of a date from your logbook:

<QSO_DATE:8Very Happy>20070602

The format is tag name (QSO_DATE) : length (Cool : data type (D=Date).

Of the apps I had tested, I didn't find one that exported that final data type entry. (Besides, it's sort of obvious that a field called QSO_DATE is going to be a date field - right?).

I'm on the road, so it might be awhile before I can post a fix. However, here is something to try:

Open your ADIF file in an editor like Wordpad. Do a search & replace - search on Very Happy and replace it with nothing (to remove all cases). If you have trouble with this, I can do it and email the log back to you.

Then save the file, move it to your PDA and try it again.

Please let me know if this works.

Pat N0HR
Ham Radio Resources
AC0HD
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Refusal to import eQSL .adi files revisited. Reply with quote

Pat,

Hi, I had to reinstall the program after updating the software on my ATT Tilt (Windows Mobile 6).

I think we exchanged a couple of e-mails after me posting my question on how to get this to work because I had some, I think, from the eQSL file...

If we or if you figured a solution I surely don't recall it. I tried your editing suggestion without success. I did some other editing such as time and date format since I noticed they are different from eQSL than as listed on MobiLog...ie, 20071230 on the eQSL adi versus 12/30/07 on the MobiLog.

That did not work either...

Any solution or suggestion would be appreciated as I have quite a log on eQsl and would really like to transfer it to my phone since I am mobileer only and it would be nice to check my previous QSOs against any current QSOs from MobiLog while mobileering.

Thanks and 73-
Les - ac0hd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NØHR QRM Forum Index -> MobileLog All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: