NØHR QRM Forum Index NØHR QRM
Ham Radio Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Should HamLinks allow aggregator sites in the RSS list?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NØHR QRM Forum Index -> HamLinks Ham Radio Toolbar
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should the RSS list include feeds which aggregate from other sites?
Yes (leave them in there)
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Yes (leave the primary aggregators like Southgate and remove secordary aggregators)
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
No (remove the scrapers)
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

n0hr
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Should HamLinks allow aggregator sites in the RSS list? Reply with quote

The RSS list in the HamLinks Ham Radio Toolbar includes some feeds which provide not only their own content/stories but also content that is automatically pulled ("scraped") from other sites.

For example, Southgate ARC has a feed which includes stories that are original as well as stories that may appear on the ARRL feed. The downside is that when the ARRL feed posts something new, the item also appears in the Southgate feed.

What do you think?
KD9KC
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:59 am    Post subject: RSS feeds. Reply with quote

I am still hopeful that there will be a way to select only the RSS feeds we want so each individual can mix and match his own. So I really don't have an opinion on your poll. Right now the RSS is turned off - too much traffic for me.

KD9KC.
w5dpd.org

(Molon labe. [mo-lone lah-veh] Google it)

=============================================
The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights reserved.
=============================================
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NØHR QRM Forum Index -> HamLinks Ham Radio Toolbar All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: