NØHR QRM Forum Index NØHR QRM
Ham Radio Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Verizon Motorola Q

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KF4YUZ
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:05 am    Post subject: Verizon Motorola Q Reply with quote

I have tried to download MobileLog to my Verizon Motorola Q and it says the version is not design for use with my Q or something along that line. I did notice it staed there was another download for WM5, but did not find one. Any help would be great.

Paul
KF4YUZ
n0hr
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:28 am    Post subject: MobileLog PDA Compatibility Reply with quote

MobileLog was developed to run on PocketPC PDAs. Unfortunately, Microsoft began to make some architectural changes in the operating system and devices over time. Because of this, the development tools I use to build MobileLog only work on PocketPC PDAs and not devices like the Motorola Q (which is technically a SmartPhone and not a PocketPC Phone).

SmartPhone devices that are not PocketPC Phones will not work. If the development tools are upgraded to allow for this, I will consider a version for "SmartPhones". There are some key design issues to overcome (as most SmartPhones lack a touchscreen). Anyway, for now, the Motorola Q is not supported.

Hopefully, the phone designers, software tools companies and Microsoft will all get on the same page.

Pat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NØHR QRM Forum Index -> MobileLog All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: