NØHR QRM Forum Index NØHR QRM
Ham Radio Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can not UN-INSTALL Pocketdigi off my WM5 device

View previous topic :: View next topic  
N1KCG
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Can not UN-INSTALL Pocketdigi off my WM5 device Reply with quote

Well I was able to put the Pocketdigi software on my WM5 device (Toshiba sch-i730), but then I decided I did not need it.

Went to uninstall it, and found no unintsall routine.

So I deleted the application. But I still get a POP-UP on the TODAY screen saying that the system "failed to start Pocketdigi.exe", and I can not find the command that starts this application anywhere.

I think that running the application must have put something in the registry that tries to start the application. BAD MOVE, as now I do not know where that is to delete it.

Next step is to try to reinstall the aplication, and find if there is some deep obscure setting in pocketdigi, that turns off the automatic start up. Wish me luck. Evil or Very Mad
G4IPZ
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: I hope this might help Reply with quote

I had a similar problem when I moved pocketdigi from a storage card to main memory
I got a message which was
Notification Error
Cannot execute \Storage Card\PocketDigi.exe

It seems this is due to invalid entries in the DB_notify_events WinCE database.
This link helped me sort it out
http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=36471
and I used the check notifications software from http://www.scarybearsoftware.com/ppc_software.html
Load the software onto the PPC, run it and once it loads. find the pocketdigi.exe in the list (in my case it was highlighted in red as well) and delete it.
After that I had no more problems and pocketdigi continued to run perfectly from it's new location.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NØHR QRM Forum Index -> PocketDigi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: