NØHR QRM Forum Index NØHR QRM
Ham Radio Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

email notification activation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NØHR QRM Forum Index -> HamLinks Ham Radio Toolbar
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N9DO
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: email notification activation Reply with quote

I'm using verizon/yahoo for email. So far I have not been able to activate the notification as Verizon is not listed and Yahoo will not work.
Any suggestions?

Thanks.
N9DO
n0hr
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: email notification activation Reply with quote

N9DO

I've been able to successfully use several email systems with the HamLinks ham radio toolbar including Yahoo.

To set up Yahoo email, click on the mail icon and click on Settings. Click the Add button. Then select Yahoo as the Account type at the top. Next enter your full Yahoo.com email address (for example, "imaham@yahoo.com"). Then enter the password used to access your yahoo account and give a name to your account. Click the "Test email account" button to verify that the system is accessing your account properly.

I'm not sure how Verizon/Yahoo differs from standard Yahoo email, if at all. I did some checking and they do offer POP3 access... See:
[url=http://help.yahoo.com/verizon/tutorials/cg/cg_access4.html]
http://help.yahoo.com/verizon/tutorials/cg/cg_access4.html[/url]

What does that mean? Well follow the instructions on that page and get POP3 server settings and info. Then setup the HamLinks toolbar email checker for POP3 and plug in the information. That should work as long as POP3 is working on Verizon/Yahoo. Of course, I don't have Verizon/Yahoo so I can't test it.

Good luck & 73
Pat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NØHR QRM Forum Index -> HamLinks Ham Radio Toolbar All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: