NØHR QRM Forum Index NØHR QRM
Ham Radio Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Email Notification Function Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NØHR QRM Forum Index -> HamLinks Ham Radio Toolbar
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KD0BIK
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Email Notification Function Question Reply with quote

Hi Patrick,

I downloaded/installed the toolbar on IE and love it. For my home PC's and laptop it works great without issue. I also installed it on my work laptop and when in the office my email notification funtionality doesn't work correctly. When I'm at home (and before I connect via VPN to my office network) the email function works just fine on my work laptop.

We use a proxy server versus a direct connection to the internet. In future releases of your toolbar, could you add a setting to instruct the email notification function how to get out through a proxy server?

All other functions of the toolbar work fine. The RSS feeds update, then temperature/weather function works.

Thanks again for sharing the toolbar.

Jerry
KD0BIK
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump
n0hr
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Proxy / VPN email Reply with quote

Jerry

When you are at work can you connect to your email provider (gmail, hotmail or yahoo) apart from using the toolbar? If you employer is blocking these sites, then you won't be able to connect with or without the toolbar. That's a guess.

If that is the case, then when you are at home and connect via VPN, your PC will probably be routing through the VPN/proxy and (if your company's server is blocking) then you won't connect.

Could this explain it? It's my best guess at the moment.

Pat NØHR
KD0BIK
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pat,

Yes...when at work or home connected via VPN, I can connect to Yahoo etc. just fine. The interesting part is the rest of the toolbar works just fine. Meaning the RSS feed, weather and podcast tools all work.

Interesting...it's not that important. When at work I do try to work Laughing But I thought the tool bar was so cool I installed it on my work laptop.

I'll continue to tinker around and see what I can learn. Thanks again.

Jerry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NØHR QRM Forum Index -> HamLinks Ham Radio Toolbar All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: