NØHR QRM Forum Index NØHR QRM
Ham Radio Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone found a way yet?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NØHR QRM Forum Index -> HamLinks Ham Radio Toolbar
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KD9KC
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:03 am    Post subject: Anyone found a way yet? Reply with quote

I know there is now a way to add feeds. I have the RSS turned off now because it is just more stuff than I want to pick through and delete. Anyone found a way to turn off just the unwanted feeds and keep the wanted feeds? If I can pare it down a bit, I will add the ones I want and turn it on.

Thanks.

KD9KC.
w5dpd.org

(Molon labe. [mo-lone lah-veh] Google it)

=============================================
The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights reserved.
n0hr
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Managing RSS feeds Reply with quote

Hi Mike

I'm still looking into what it will take to let users delete or add RSS feeds within the RSS feeds menu. I'm hoping this won't take a long time to add this feature.

Pat
KD9KC
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: Thank you. Reply with quote

Howdy.

Thank you. Ham radio is something I do when I cannot do the other things in my life. #1 hobby is competitive shooting. I am a Master Class in NRA high-power. A - C-Class in USPSA combat pistol. I am retired Army, combat vet, so I have lots of experience. We train champion great danes (www.vonbonehenge.com) I hike (www.localhikes.com - find TX-El Paso) camp, rebuilding a 76 DJ-5 jeep, trying to support a wife, and a son in combat (QRZ KC0WKY for a photo) - and I even have a real job too. Oh - and building a new linked-repeater. (www.w5dpd.org - our mission) It is a monster, can't wait till we finish it.

Point is, every time I looked at the RSS there was about 60 messages, most of which I was not interested in. So I was looking for a way to pare it down rather than turn it off. Time is the most precious thing we have, once gone you never get it back. I just didn't want to take the time to delete the stuff I didn't have any interest in. But there were a few things I really did want to see. Hope you are successful. I will wait - patiently.... <grin>

Well sir, you have a wonderful evening. I am going to walk some mighty fine dogs, then look for some dinner. Too windy to right the bicycle tonight.

Your tool bar is too cool otherwise.

Take care. Thanks again.
w5dpd.org

KD9KC
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Still hoping. Reply with quote

Still hoping a way will be found to turn off some of the RSS feeds. Any progress in that area?

Thanks.
w5dpd.org

n0hr
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Delete msg vs ignore Reply with quote

Mike

I still don't have a way to do this.

However, what I do is never delete any messages in the RSS feeds.

I simply let them all come in. When I open my browser and see that there's a new message in the RSS, I click on the icon - check the feed. By opening the feed, the "new" icon goes away - even if I don't click on a new article to read it.

For example, this morning, I opened my browser. Saw new messages, clicked the RSS button and saw a few here and there. By opening the submenu for KA3DDR, I saw that there was a new article on Hamsphere. It didn't interest me and I didn't read it - but the "new article" thing went away.

Maybe most folks use it that way - so the lack of a "delete a feed" feature doesn't bother them. I'm not sure. Anyway, you might give that a try until something is implemented.

Pat N0HR
KD9KC
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Thank you sir. Reply with quote

As I said earlier, ham radio is the hobby I turn to when I cannot do something else. There are really only about 5 feeds I am interested in. But that still leaves about 20 feeds that need to be clicked on every time. So for now, I will just leave it off.

Is there anything I can do to help find a solution to deleting feeds? I am not a programmer, but I will do what I can to help.

Thank you. Hope you have a great weekend.
w5dpd.org

n0hr
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Toolbar enhancement request Reply with quote

Mike

Unfortunately, at this time, there isn't anything that I can do besides submit an enhancement request to the toolbar engine developers. The toolbar engine wasn't created by me - so I am at their mercy on this.

If they do add that feature (which I have requested long ago), I will certainly let you know via this forum. I'd also like to see the ability to manage podcasts via the audio player. I'll nag them about that as well.

Pat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NØHR QRM Forum Index -> HamLinks Ham Radio Toolbar All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: