NØHR QRM Forum Index NØHR QRM
Ham Radio Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Propfire Firefox Pluggin problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NØHR QRM Forum Index -> Propfire - Firefox propagation plugin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ws1v
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Propfire Firefox Pluggin problems Reply with quote

I am currently running Propfire V0.73.14 under Firefox V3.0
The following two problems only started after I upgraded to FF V3.0

FF v3.0 told me there is currently no version of Propfire that is compatable with FF3.0, I went to the Propfire website and there was a version of Propfire that was compatable V0.73.13, but Firefox did not prompt me for this update, prior to FF V3.0 I would get a prompt that a new version of Propfire was available

After I upgraded to Propfire V0.73.13 I noticed that QRX remained in the bottom bar of Firefox, and never changed....this never happened in prior versions of Firefox. I noticed a long delay sometimes many minutes before
the Propfire information replaced QRX, in prior versions of FF the Propfire information was in the bottom bar almost instantaneously after I launched FF.

Again yesterday I went to the Propfire website, and again there was an Propfire update available V0.73.14, but again FF V3.0 did not indicate to me that an update to Profire existed. Again I updted to Propfire V0.73.14
but the delay in getting Propfire information to show up in the bottom bar of FF is still happening. I can right click on QRX and launch the information, but the QRX does not change for many minutes after FF is opened.

Propfire has always been a very helpful pluggin to FF, I hope eventually with time this this bug can be remedied.

Just my .02..73
Clint WS1V
n0hr
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Propfire & Firefox v3.0 Reply with quote

Hi Clint

Yes - there have been some issues with Propfire and Firefox v3.0.

When I first wrote the Propfire plugin, it simply worked. When a new version of Firefox would appear, I would just update the supported versions flag, post the new rev and everyone was happy.

Then something changed. I'm not sure what changed though. More likely than not, something changed in FF that my plugin does not like. At some point, the initial update would not trigger when the browser first appeared (as you note).

Also, I have now made several new versions of Firefox available to download on the addons site (which automates the new version thing in FF). However, the editors don't seem to like the plugin and have not accepted it or given me much advice on what to do to fix the code.

I just have not had the time to fix it - and has the HamLinks Ham Radio Toolbar now includes the propagation numbers, the priority has been much lower to fix Propfire. I will gladly make the code available if anyone wants to take a crack at fixing it. For now, it remains on my back burner.

Pat N0HR
ws1v
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem as to be related to polling the data of the NOAA propagation site, the second I right click on the QRX, and select full propagation report the information is populated in the data fields. Propfire is not polling the NOAA site automatically.

WS1V
n0hr
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Propfire & Firefox v3.0 Reply with quote

Guys

A kind Australian fellow has offered to help me rewrite Propfire for FF3.0. Hopefully, this bug will be fixed and it will soon be better than ever.

I've been very busy lately with work and have not had much spare time for working on Propfire or other ham radio software. So, your patience is appreciated.

Pat N0HR
http://www.n0hr.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NØHR QRM Forum Index -> Propfire - Firefox propagation plugin All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: