NØHR QRM Forum Index NØHR QRM
Ham Radio Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scripting Error when starting Mobile Log

View previous topic :: View next topic  
K6JEB
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Scripting Error when starting Mobile Log Reply with quote

Howdy,
I have an HTC/Verizon XV6800 running WIndows Mobile 6.1 which ran MobileLog2 just fine before. Due to some data corruption with another program I had to do a hard reset on the device which wiped everything but of course leaves me with a clean PDA to start over.

Everything has been running fine until I installed MobileLog2 which I downloaded from the link labeled: "MobileLog 2 for PocketPC 2003, Windows Mobile 2003 and Windows Mobile 2005 PDAs" (I would have posted the URL but since this is my first post to this forum, I'm unable to post a URL)

When running, before it loads up much else, MobileLog returns the error:

Scripting Error
NS Basic Registry Class - line 96, char 0
Cannot retrieve teh requested data for the given value.

All I can do here is click the OK button on the small window. Then I'm back to the MobileLog screen but with nothing other than the OK button in the upper right corner. Clicking on OK closes MobileLog and I'm back to the Today screen.

I've tried uninstalling this (fully, including making sure there are no remnants of the files anywhere on my PDA).

Any idea how to get this running again?

73 de k6JEB
Jack
n0hr
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:46 am    Post subject: Re: Scripting Error when starting Mobile Log Reply with quote

Hi Jack

Sorry to hear about your problems with MobileLog on your PDA.

Unfortunately, this sounds like a registry corruption of some sort. It could be that some other app is in conflict with MobileLog, but it's hard to say. MobileLog does store some data in the registry and read from it.

I hate to suggest this, but usually when the PDA registry is suspected to be corrupt, the best course is to try a backup and hard reset (then reinstall all software and data). If that is not possible (or too painful), then you might try uninstalling MobileLog and associated files (remove programs: MobileLog and NSBasic files). That might work, but is not as foolproof as a hard reset which almost always does the trick. I wish the PocketPC/Windows Mobile platform were more stable, but these conflicts do happen.

Let me know how it works out.

Pat N0HR

K6JEB wrote:
Howdy,
I have an HTC/Verizon XV6800 running WIndows Mobile 6.1 which ran MobileLog2 just fine before. Due to some data corruption with another program I had to do a hard reset on the device which wiped everything but of course leaves me with a clean PDA to start over.

Everything has been running fine until I installed MobileLog2 which I downloaded from the link labeled: "MobileLog 2 for PocketPC 2003, Windows Mobile 2003 and Windows Mobile 2005 PDAs" (I would have posted the URL but since this is my first post to this forum, I'm unable to post a URL)

When running, before it loads up much else, MobileLog returns the error:

Scripting Error
NS Basic Registry Class - line 96, char 0
Cannot retrieve teh requested data for the given value.

All I can do here is click the OK button on the small window. Then I'm back to the MobileLog screen but with nothing other than the OK button in the upper right corner. Clicking on OK closes MobileLog and I'm back to the Today screen.

I've tried uninstalling this (fully, including making sure there are no remnants of the files anywhere on my PDA).

Any idea how to get this running again?

73 de k6JEB
Jack
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NØHR QRM Forum Index -> MobileLog All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: