The blizzard here in central Iowa has left me some free time for programming.
The first in line for an update was the DXpedition map. For some reason, this drew the attention of some lids http://www.eham.net/links/rating/10338 who took the opportunity to bash the page. Either they:
- haven’t figured out what the page was about (don’t know what a DXpedition is)
- don’t have Flash installed
- or genuinely have a problem with the page
If you have a problem getting this page to work, feel free to let me know and I’ll look into it. The place to discuss it is the DXpedition Map forum. Don’t bash it anonymously on the eham site and expect me to help.
Propfire, the Propagation Add-on for Firefox
Next in line came some much needed enhancements to Propfire. While Propfire has been out for awhile, there have been a few requests for changes. Within the past few revs, I’ve added:
- Polling frequency (5 minutes, 20 minutes, 1 hour). Some guys thought that checking every 5 minutes was too frequent (bandwidth?). Anyway, an option for 1 hour should answer that.
- Sunspot number (SSN)
- Mini-mode. To conserve statusbar real estate, you can use mini-mode which only shows the solar flux number. Hover your mouse over the solar flux value to get the popup display with A-Index, K-Index and SSN.
- Menu redesign. Ok – a confession, I wanted to have a slashed zero (Ø) in my callsign on the menu. Once I started redesigning the Propfire menu, I went ahead and made some other changes and added some links that might be useful to those interested in HF propagation.
I’m still needing to get back to the MobileLog 2 to DXKeeper interface.