The Flex 3000 is a software defined HF transceiver.
Engineered using the same core multi-channel Firewire infrastructure as the FLEX-5000, the FLEX-3000 offers ham radio operators a mid-range priced SDR. It includes an ATU(antenna tuning unit) standard.
Differences between the Flex 3000 and the Flex 5000
Unlike its "big brother" (the Flex 5000 SDR HF transceiver), the Flex 3000:
- Has 1 BNC connector rather than 3 SO-239s for TX
- Does not offer a RX antenna jacks
- Is only 1.7 inches tall
- Uses a different front-end filter configuration. 5th order band pass filters for 80-6m. 7th order band pass filter for 160m. Low pass filter for BCB band.
- Uses a 96 kHz wide panadapter display (rather than the 192 kHz found in the Flex 5000)
- Does not allow cross band/cross mode operation
- Does not offer an optional second receiver (RX2)
- Power rating in Watts